Founded in October 2013, NINPA is a professional collaborative that promotes, supports and enhances nature-based early childhood education.
Goals and Objectives:
- Promote nature based education philosophies and curriculum.
- Collaborate and share resources, tools, assessments, and ideas.
- Build a social network for members to connect, inspire, support and share.
- Provide educational opportunities through speakers, meetings, book sharing, seminars and collaborating.
NINPA members pledge to:
- Nurture whole child development through primary experiences with nature.
- Foster curiosity through hands-on projects and play.
- Encourage discovery and experimentation.
- Develop a child’s love of learning.
- Encourage divergent thinking and reflection by asking open-ended questions.
- Provide support, information, and encouragement to children’s insights and ideas.
- Develop respect and appreciation for the natural world.
- Expand children’s social skills and collaboration through play and exploration.
- Develop children’s self confidence by encouraging appropriate risk taking.
If you are interested in becoming a NINPA member or if you are looking for a nature-based program in your area, please email email@example.com.