Founded in October 2013, NINPA is a professional collaborative that promotes, supports and enhances nature-based early childhood education for all.
As a member of the NINPA organization, I will –
- Be an active member of the NINPA community through participation in member meetings, webinars and/or social media conversations and polls.
- Continually advance my nature pedagogy through research, observation and participation in a variety of activities such as webinars, conferences and symposiums that involve best practices in nature-based early childhood education.
- Support and encourage fellow educators through dialogue, collaboration and the sharing of resources and ideas.
- Creatively find ways to ensure that nature-based learning is available to all children though accessible spaces, tools, materials, representation for all children.
- Promote the field of nature-based learning in early childhood education through family engagement and community involvement.
In my practice I will strive to –
- Nurture social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of children through quality experiences with nature.
- Create a welcoming, safe and supportive environment by acting with and teaching empathy, respect, and fairness for the natural world and all of its people while also exploring and intentionally discussing differences.
- Develop a respect of and an appreciation for the diversity of the natural world and all inhabitants.
- Cultivate children’s love of learning and sense of wonder in an outdoor environment.
- Foster curiosity, and encourage discovery in the natural world, through hands-on activities, investigation, experimentation and play outdoors.
- Stimulate divergent thinking, reflection and curiosity about the natural world, by asking open-ended questions, wondering aloud with children, and listening to children’s questions and ideas about nature.
- Expand children’s social skills through collaboration, outdoor play and exploration.
- Strengthen children’s self-confidence by encouraging appropriate risk taking in an outdoor environment.
- Enrich children’s insights and ideas by providing a variety of nature-rich resources that contribute to their understanding of the world around them.
If you are interested in becoming a NINPA member or if you are looking for a nature-based program in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.